Account Director, Public Affairs and Crisis
As the global communications agency built to #movepeople, BCW guides client partners to powerful, culturally relevant ideas, programs and messages that inspire their key stakeholders to think differently, feel deeply and act urgently.
BCW's commitment to moving people starts with our employees. Here you'll find ways to ignite your growth while doing meaningful work for exceptional clients in an environment that prioritizes your success, compels collaboration and celebrates learning. We're committed to moving our people forward in their careers and helping them grow as people and professionals.
We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions is critical to our success, so Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity and the LGBTQ+, differently abled and veteran communities.
And while there is no one kind of BCW person, everyone at BCW has something in common: A mindset, a way of responding to challenges with openness, curiosity and a commitment to learning. BCW will feed that drive by rewarding courageous tenacity and nurturing your dynamic career.
Our NY Public Affairs & Crisis Practice is seeking to hire an Account Director to manage client responsibilities which include crisis and issues management, public affairs campaigns, corporate reputation management, and external and internal communications.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience working on complex integrated campaigns with an understanding of how to leverage earned, paid, social, and owned media to tell compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms. Strong media relations and crisis/rapid response skills (both externally and internally) are required as well as a strong understanding/background in paid and organic social media and digital advertising. If you are looking for an opportunity to work on high-stakes and complex communication issues for F100 clients we'd like to talk to you.
- Manage day-to-day client activities, projects and deliverables contributing both tactically and strategically to clients' business and reputation goals.
- Produce internal and external communications materials including communications plans, messaging, talking points, news releases, social media content, and facts sheets.
- Manage social communities and help develop and execute paid digital campaigns. Email marketing experience is a plus.
- Remain current on best digital practices for crisis and issues management and public affairs efforts and new developments/options for digital platforms.
- Oversee crisis and issues response social media listening teams, extract actionable insights, and develop strategic communications recommendations for clients.
- Contribute to clients' crisis communications preparedness strategies by developing plans, scenario plans, and crisis simulations.
- Research and monitor clients' business and industry to maintain a knowledge base.
- 8 years of public relations/communications experience ideally in an agency, in-house, or political environment.
- A strong understanding of crisis and issues management policy and political landscape to help develop and strengthen public affairs efforts.
- The aptitude to handle high priority and high-pressure situations with poise.
- Understanding of how digital works in campaigns including paid digital efforts and management of social communities. Previous ad buying experience not required but preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and manage social media listening programs to generate quantitative reports and qualitative insights
- Writing and media relations skills with the ability to translate complex issues into communications for multiple stakeholder audiences.
- An advanced understanding of the current media landscape including national mainstream news media outlets, specialized industry publications, and digital and social media developments.
- Impeccable client service skills and experience with working with high-touch clients or individuals in challenging business situations.
- Proven large program project management capabilities and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a collaborative team across geographies.
- MS Office Suite proficiency.
More about BCW:
BCW, one of the world's largest full-service global communications and public relations agencies, is in the business of moving people on behalf of clients. BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), a creative transformation company.
Organizations and industries are evolving at a rapid pace while operating in increasingly complex, connected stakeholder ecosystems. To grow and thrive in this environment, our clients need to engage colleagues, consumers, customers and other key constituents who are more diverse, elusive and over-stimulated than ever before. They have to move people - all kinds of people - to think differently, feel deeply and act urgently.
We move people with power and precision to move our clients forward. Join us in #MovingPeople.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.