At Avon, beauty is more than skin deep. We are inspired by our community of passionate women; yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Avon is all about celebrating each other and our achievements in business and in life, inviting others to join us, and committing to be a force for good.About The Role
The Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) on the Personal Care team supports development of category brand strategy across all existing channels, including brochures, flyers, avon.com, and avonnow.com and emerging channels. You will ensure all Representative and Consumer touch points for all base and new products are managed to completion while establishing meaningful relationships with multiple teams.
The Assistant Brand Manager will report to the Brand Manager.Responsibilities
- Support developing an 18 month rolling product innovation calendar using trends, size of line simplification, SKU productivity, volume threshold, margin targets and pricing guidelines for the Personal Care category.
- Help guide decision-making on the evolution of the product portfolio by applying data, consumer insights and product expertise.
- Partner with Brand Manager and Marketing Director to develop annual sales plans, margin, inventory management, and performance plans including the forecasting of all new products, existing products and performance tracking
- Manage Personal Care products from initial concept to go-to-market including: concept brief, copy, product positioning, competitive advantage, forecasting, pricing, margin, copy, artwork and merchandising
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific goals across the channels
- Implement and track projects with a detailed understanding of the New Product Development (NPD) process
- Manage spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) for tracking products/projects for weekly/daily reviews
- Work with outside vendors to manage vendor information; sample submissions, fact sheets, costs and quantities
- Evaluate all brochure campaigns to ensure all merchandising tactics meet the thresholds per page (net per concept, net per page, product flow, pricing)
- Fluency in Korean preferred
- A Bachelor's degree is required; with 6+ years of experience in product development, marketing, or merchandising in Personal categories
- You have previously worked in a marketing role within the digital landscape, (i.e., social media, e-commerce, analytics, online)
- Experience with trends and how they relate to our customer
- You can speak to successful partnership with R&D, Supply Chain and Sales teams to develop innovative products supported by specific story-telling and execution
- Experience evaluating analytics and extracting insights for future go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
Avon is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Eligible for benefits as of date of hire (health, dental, vision, life and other voluntary programs)
- You are immediately vested in Avon's matching contributions to the 401(k) Plan. Avon matches your contributions dollar-for dollar up to 3% of your eligible pay, and $0.50 per dollar on the next 2% of your eligible pay.
- Company sponsored Life insurance, AD&D and Disability benefits with option to buy up
- Wellness incentive programs
- Commuter, Health Reimbursement (HRA) and Flexible Spending (FSA) accounts
- Family Care (back-up child and elder care) benefit Programs
- Additional voluntary benefit programs available such as group legal, critical care, accident, pet insurance and identity protection insurance.