A key member of The Events Calendar team, the Content Marketing Manager works closely across product, strategy, and delivery teams and is responsible for leading strategy and executing content marketing for The Events Calendar.
The Events Calendar is the number one calendar and events plugin for WordPress. We're growing rapidly and are looking for a Marketing Principal to be a key part of this growth. In this role, you'll manage content marketing efforts including email marketing, landing pages, website opportunities, blog, YouTube and more while regularly looking for areas of opportunity and optimizing new customer growth.
You'll be a linchpin in understanding our suite of products, aligning them with marketing efforts, and being accountable for reporting results. To be successful in this role, you'll come to the table with a point of view on strategic efforts and an eye for quick wins. This role will manage workflow and priorities for a small part-time team including writers, developers, and designers.As a Content Marketing Manager you would:
- Develop and execute a marketing content strategy that drives demand and brand awareness, aligning messaging, audiences, campaigns and channels
- Collaborate with marketing team members, senior executives, technical experts and external influencers to produce high-quality, scalable content that translates complex topics into clear, user-centric narratives for our audiences and personas
- Produce a mix of deliverables including blogs, ebooks, videos, podcasts, webinars, thought leadership, and other assets that engage decision-makers and drive actionable outcomes
- Work with digital marketing to propel SEO across deliverables and channels
- Identify & manage third-party content resources to help accelerate velocity
- Be the company's internal evangelist for content and editorial best practices
- Maintain & socialize a comprehensive content / editorial calendar
- Research industry trends and topics that can elevate and position thought leadership
- Track content KPIs and analyze content performance against marketing goals to help inform and optimize strategy.
Working with The Events Calendar
- 3+ years in content development (web hosting industry experience and/or ecommerce platform expertise in WordPress)
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Creative, organized and detail-oriented with strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with both peers and business leaders
- Meet established deadlines, manage a high volume of work, and remain flexible and responsive to ad-hoc content requests
- Experience with SEO strategy and tactics
- Strong interpersonal skills
The Events Calendar operates as a fully remote team. We live by the mantra of "live well and do good work." Our team has the flexibility to live and work anywhere in the world while contributing to our mission.We Offer:
- 100% Employer paid Benefits options - Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription
- Traditional and Roth 401k with company matching
- Fun employer-sponsored events
- A collaborative team culture
- Flexible work hours
- Challenging non-redundant daily duties
- A voice in how things get done
- Access to ongoing training
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains "at will".
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Powered by JazzHR