Electrical Maintenance Technician
Join our busy manufacturing site located on the outskirts of Chester City Centre.
The Role - Electrical Maintenance Technician
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as an Electrical Maintenance Technician, your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment to a high standard
- Fault finding, diagnosing, and responding to breakdowns, efficiently rectifying electrical and mechanical systems involving PLC control
- Working on planned preventative maintenance and improvements to plant and equipment
- Completing and controlling all necessary documentation around engineering activities
- Assisting with driving continuous improvement and lean activities
As an Electrical Maintenance Technician, you ll benefit from:
- Permanent contract, working 40 hours per week
- A salary in the region of £40,000 to £45,000, level based on experience
- 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme (following successful probation period)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free car parking onsite
We have a generous shift rota to maximise the time you have off. Subject to potential change, the shift pattern is as follows:
Week 1 Monday to Friday: 6:00am to 2:00pm
Week 2 Monday to Friday: 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. We are one of the UK s leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders merchants nationwide.
In addition, we are also the UK s leading specialist in lead engineering, designing, manufacturing, and installing radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical, and other markets.
Our Requirements Electrical Maintenance Technician
- Proven relevant experience gained post apprenticeship
- Be a time served Electrical Technician with a City and Guilds / ONC in Electrical Engineering
- Excellent fault-finding skills for electrical and mechanical drive systems as well as pneumatic and hydraulic control systems, relaying logic and hard-wired system fault diagnostics
- Working knowledge of modern AC and DC drive systems through to standard large motor starting systems and of PLC/HMI s, pneumatics, hydraulics, variable speed drives (ACDC)
- Ability to read electrical and engineering drawings and maintain machinery, plant and equipment
- Positive and proactive attitude with the ability to multi-task and thrive within a busy manufacturing environment
- Ability to undertake medium to heavy mechanical fitting work as and when required
Although not essential, a HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering would be desirable.
All applications for this Electrical Maintenance Technician vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.