TheEconomic Development Managerposition participates in creating a strategic plan, and its implementation, for the Economic Development Division for Gwinnett County. The position will establish economic development programs which create a framework for encouraging and facilitating business development, business retention, business attraction and incentive programs by coordinating access to County resources; including business assistance, business retention, and financing plans. This position will have a significant role in assisting Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners' goal of sustainable development which makes the County an exceptional place to live, work and play.
* Develops short and long term economic and community development plans,works with Countydepartments, municipalities, and other departmentsto identify and resolve issues which impact future development and redevelopment;
* Oversees all phases of business development and redevelopment in accordance with plans established by the Board of Commissioners;
* Prepares and maintains information on utilities, taxes, zoning, transportation, community services, financing tools, and incentives in accordance with economic development plans and purposes;
* Designs, develops and implements the County's Economic Development Program, including the development of areas targeted by the County's2030 Unified Plan;
* Establishes and maintains private and public partnership for positive long term economic change; promotes development through relationships between the County and business community, economic development agencies, state, regional and local agencies and relevant County departments;
* Conducts fiscal impact analysis to determine local economic effects of business departure, relocation, or expansion; evaluates local resources, needs, goals and opportunities in order to actively promote the County;
* Collects, analyzes and compiles economic, market, and demographic data for dissemination;
* Develops and implements marketing strategies to attract and retain value added businesses, conducts research and analysis of competition to identify business availability and demand;
* Analyzes and reviews existing economic situations using modern techniques for business attraction which will add new taxes and bringnew jobs to the County;
* Meets, confers and provides detailed information to new businesses contemplating a relocation or expansion into Gwinnett County;
* Negotiates and resolves significant and controversial issues; responds to and resolves difficultor sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
* Prepares, implements and monitors the Economic Development budget.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, City Planning/Development, or arelated field and eight years of progressively responsible professional level experience, supervisory experience preferred; or, a combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
Additionally, the successful candidate in this position will be a strategic thinker and possess strong communication, customer service and management skills; strong analytical skills necessary to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a holistic thought process concerning revenue, tax base, business retention and economic development. Candidates must possess a combination of education and experience that prepares him or her to be a member of the County's leadership team, with the ability to have an immediate impact; familiarity with economic development strategies; knowledge of government and non-government funding sources and business assistance programs, requirements and regulations is preferred.
Positions in this class typically require fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary ifwalking or standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.