Headquartered in Burnley, this growing Not for Profit organisation is recruiting a Financial Accountant to join their Finance Team. Paying up to £43,680K (DOE) plus excellent benefits, this role could suit a first mover from Practice or an experienced Financial Accountant. The role is office based with some hybrid/flexible working.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Accountants' main responsibility is to deliver an efficient and robust financial accounting service to the organisation.
- Ensuring a robust control environment, continually looking at improving processes and procedures to strengthen financial controls
- Month-end reporting
- Cashflow forecasting and treasury management
- Ensure compliance and support the delivery of all regulatory and legislative requirements, VAT and other tax returns
- Group consolidation
- Lead on the production of the annual statutory accounts
- Developing strong relationships with the external auditors to support an effective audit process
- You will ideally be a fully Qualified Accountant with experience in statutory reporting. You must be a strong technical accountant with experience of balance sheet reconciliation and understanding cashflow management
- A natural drive for improvement and through changes to improve financial processes and systems
- A strong team player, supportive, and a champion of collaborative working
- You will be an effective communicator, able to forge strong relationships with the wider Finance Management Team