Interim Group Accountant - Agile Talent Community
What is the Agile Talent Community?
The Agile Talent Community is a network of contract professionals given the opportunity to work with our clients on a project-by-project basis and provided with strong support and development opportunities offered by Grant Thornton. You'll get the freedom and advice to work in a way that suits you, that is compliant, and be able to choose the projects you take on, allowing you the independence to manage your time more effectively. The Agile Talent Community will reflect the same values that sit at the heart of Grant Thornton: a commitment to diversity and inclusion, a client centric, quality driven ethos and a fundamental care for our people and doing what's right, ahead of what's easy.
More about Accounting Advisory Services:
The Accounting Advisory Services team provide an on-demand and project focused accounting service for Grant Thornton and our clients. Whilst working on a project, you will typically work (on-site or remotely) alongside the finance team of one of our clients in diverse organisations from all industry sectors ranging from larger SMEs to multi-billion corporates and listed entities.
Projects that we work on include: (It would be great if you had some of the following skills):
- Half and full year end accounts preparation and audit liaison
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Group accounts consolidation and Intercompany accounting
- Accounting for acquisitions, mergers and disposals
- Financial reporting under IFRS UK GAAP and US GAAP
- Interim financial support and troubleshooting
- Review and improvement of financial systems, processes, and controls
- Knowledge or experience working on P2P, O2C processes is desired
- Produce adhoc analysis and reports for senior management
You must be a fully qualified member of a professional accounting body such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA and ideally have experience of working within the industry and/or practice.
What's in it for you
- Opportunity: Within Accounting Advisory Services, you will get access to a variety of challenging projects across wide range of clients. Giving our members exposure to different cultures, industry sectors and pieces of work. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to develop or diversify their skillsets, whilst also providing the flexibility to ensure work life balance.
- Development: We believe our success is intrinsically linked to yours and will provide training and support whether you're on a project or not. From helping you navigate incoming regulation for freelancers so you can get into work to providing dedicated points of contact and offering training we will always be there to support; advise and help you develop.
- Independence: A project focus lets you take on work as and when you want. The projects themselves will be full time, but this control allows you to create room around them for other priorities. We know you will need scope to pursue those interests whether personal or professional. The Agile Talent Community provides you that space without restriction.
Our ambition is that we are fully inclusive every day. This means that our working environment is one where everyone's experience is important. Where people are treated fairly, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and where everyone feels safe to be themselves.
How to join:
You'll first apply by sending your CV to us. If your skills match with what we are looking for, one of our recruiters will get in touch and walk you through the recruitment and onboarding process. For some areas, there may be an additional requirement for a case or technical assessment as part of the interview process. If there's interest to continue, we'll invite you to an interview with some of our key business leads. If successful, the final step will be to complete the contracting process and background checks. Once your background checks are complete and documentation is signed, you'll be ready to start working with our team to find the right opportunity! You'll have a dedicated Relationship Manager, who will be able to match you with the right projects based off your availability and skill sets and making sure you are aware of the training and networking opportunities available.