Have you heard? Dash In, a Wills Group company, is Great Place to Work Certified ! We're proud of this achievement and our people who make greatness happen. Want to join a company that puts its people first?
Dash In is seeking a Food Service Manager to join our team at our brand new location in Chantilly, VA! The Dash In Food Service Manager is a field operations management role that is responsible for the effective and efficient operations of the back of house or foodservice operation located inside a Dash In store. Dash In is a leading regional convenience brand that operates multiple revenue centers within each store that include fuel, convenience products, prepared food service, and car wash. Dash In operates a network of 50+ convenience retail locations that encompasses a combination of Franchise and Corporate operations. Our Corporate operations must operate as a Center of Excellence that sets the standard for the network in terms of Brand image and standards, guest experience, sales, and profitability.
The Dash In Food Service Manager will lead a team of Supervisors and Hourly Associates that deliver an exceptional guest foodservice experience in a 24/7 retail environment. Performance in this role will be measured by sales growth, customer feedback, 3rd Party inspections and assessments, Brand standard adherence, and profitability measurements including margin achievement and controls, ticket times, inventory loss, labor utilization rates and expense controls, etc. Additionally, the Dash In CORP Food Service Manager is accountable for setting a positive BOH culture, hiring, training and developing high performing associates, and fostering engagement throughout the store team.
This position requires an in-depth understanding of Dash In Operations, foodservice preparation and management, ordering, cleanliness requirements, inventory controls, coaching and training practices, and all other store functions. This role reports to the Dash In CORP Store Sr. Manager and collaborates with other Dash In Food Service Managers, the Training Team, the HR Business Partner, Category Management, and other Operational Managers.
Why You Should Join Dash In
At Dash In, our mantra is: Learn. Grow. Lead. We believe the success of our company lies in the depth and durability of our employees and is why we are committed to continued learning and advancement for all employees. We are proud to offer a flexible job that empowers you with the skill to be a professional, from working with diverse teams and customers to building the foundation for your future. Every day, we are leading in our community, being responsible neighbors and focused on doing what is good for the environment and our neighborhood, not just our bottom line.
Benefits and Perks
- We take pride in investing in our people's well-being. That's why we back our words with competitive total rewards packages.
- Financial Well-being -, employer 401 (k) match (currently at 7%), health savings plan, and financial planning
- Physical Well-being - comprehensive health, vision, and dental plans that meet the needs of our people
- Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Community Engagement, Parental Leave for new Dads and Moms
- Education and Development Opportunities - 100% Tuition reimbursement to support our people's education goals
- Competitive Pay - competitive pay matched to our competitors
Key accountabilities (How You'll Make an Impact)
- Assists CORP Store Sr. Manager with Hiring. Trains, Develops and Leads a high-performing foodservice team of associates that deliver an outstanding guest experience and quality food 24/7.
- Orders food products effectively to drive sales, maintains adequate levels of food inventory, and protects inventory from loss and pilferage.
- Maintains Dash In Brand Standards at all times that include high levels of guest engagement, a clean facility, excellence in food safety and production within acceptable ticket time frames, maintaining a safe environment, and follows all Dash In operational guidelines.
- Effectively manages BOH aspects of the P&L to ensure that food sales and margins, labor deployment, and variable expenses that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Communicates effectively up, down and across the organization
- Achieves 3rd party audits and inspections that meet or exceed expectations that include ECO Sure Food Audits, ACL Guest Experience assessments, and Foodservice Compliance Audits.
- Completes Work Activities at the Direction of the Dash In CORP Store Sr. Manager, and/or other Dash In Operational Executives.
- Acts as Store Manager in the absence of the Dash IN CORP Sr. Manager, and/or Dash In Guest Experience Manager.
Required qualifications and skills (What We're Looking For)
- High school diploma or equivalent required; AA or BS degree preferred
- Operational Proficiency
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to Coach, Teach, Develop
- Comfortable communicating & presenting to a team
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Financial & Analytical Capability
- Attention to detail & follow-up
- Independent worker & collaborative
- Results driven
- Ability to work a varied schedule including all day parts and weekends
- Ability to travel to other stores/markets as needed
- Available 24/7 to receive calls and address issues
Required experience (What You Bring to the Table):
- 5+ years' experience in an operations, foodservice, and/or retail environment
- 2+ years' experience in food service management, leading a team
- Experience required beyond minimum qualification:
Other key factors (environmental/physical requirements):
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods and/or frequently move about inside the workplace.
- Must be able to operate office equipment such as a calculator, computer, printer, etc.
- Employee frequently communicates with customers and other employees for daily operations, training, teleconferences, etc.; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to observe and inspect food service environment to ensure safety standards.
- Must be able to move and lift up to 25 pounds of merchandise or equipment.
- Must have the ability to learn technical material.