The Recruitment Co. are urgently recruiting for a Machine Setter (Mechanics) to join their expanding team based in the Ammanford area. Immediate start available.Rate of Pay: £10.46ph increasing to £10.76 after 12 weeks (+ quarterly attendance bonuses)
Hours: 3 Shift pattern rotating: Mon - Fri 6am - 2pm / 2pm-10pm/ 10pm-6am
Contract: Temp to perm contract after 12 weeks subject to performance and passing the required skills below.
Temp to perm opportunity comes with a career ladder/pay scale development plan
Job Purpose:To ensure smooth operation of the Flexible Line, W. Bosch and Calsonic machines by setting them properly. This role will require employees to both set and run machines on shift.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for all workers.
- Follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements. Suggest improvements to set-up sheets and work instructions.
- Follow correct procedures to set up, operate and clean down machines to ensure efficient running of machines and minimal downtime.
- Set the standard for cell output and quality, becoming a role model for all operatives.
- Monitor production and escalate in-efficiencies to Supervisors or Staff members. Ensure production targets, and quality standards are met in order to meet the requirements of the customer.
- Full adherence to 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardise, Sustain) practices at all times.
- Be prepared to work flexibly to increase productivity, including in other areas of the factory when necessary.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example.
- Feedback to the Supervisors and Staff members to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities.
- Prepare and conduct a comprehensive handover with the oncoming shift to eliminate any unnecessary downtime between shifts.
- Work according to the policies and guidelines of the Company.
- To be committed to Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Respect confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and met.
- To take responsibility for your own health and safety, as well as that of other employees and stakeholders, and to act in a safe and responsible way at all times.
- To comply with any Safe Systems of Work, Risk Assessments, PPE requirements identified as being applicable at any time.
- To be committed to working towards the company's vision and implementing the company's values.
If you feel you would be suitable for this role, then please submit your CV for immediate response.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.