Adecco Job Alert!!Materials Technician We have an amazing opportunity to join an established organisation-based in Binley - Coventry. The hours will be Monday-Friday 7:30am- 4:30pmThis role will be paying £10.00 p/h and will be a ongoing role based on performance!
To prepare and undertake the physical testing of concrete, soils, aggregates and bituminous mixtures within our laboratories. To analyse and produce accurate and timely reports. All training will be provided from day 1.Accountabilities
- Knowledge of good laboratory practice
- Physical testing of construction materials i.e. Compaction, Density & Strength
- Preparation of materials for laboratory testing (i.e. breaking down 20kg samples to pass a 20mm sieve.)
- Completion of test sheets, including all calculations
- Production of reports in line with QA systems
- Undertake tasks in line with Company QHSE protocol
Skills and experience
- Be able to liaise with fellow employees to assist with meeting the production goals.
- Previous experience of site/laboratory testing of concrete, soils, aggregates and bituminous mixtures would be advantageous but not necessary
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Helpful and customer focused approach
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Self-motivated and able to organise own workload
- GCSE English / Maths desirable
- Knowledge of UKAS accredited laboratory practices would be beneficial but is not crucial.
As this role will be primarily located at Coventry, we urge you to only reply if this area is accessible for you.If you are interested in applying for this position, please reply to this email attaching an up-to-date copy of your CV in the first instance, and you will be contacted.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.