- Job Reference: 269657013-2
- Date Posted: 24 April 2021
- Recruiter: Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Location: Portage, Michigan
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent
The Mortgage Processor role is responsible for processing conventional mortgage applications, obtaining and verifying accuracy of documents needed to complete the mortgage process and calculating income, analyzing credit and calculating cash requirements.
* Finalize loan processing stage by preparing loan for submission to closing department.
* Review initial underwriting decisions and prepare decision letter as appropriate and working directly with the applicants to obtain outstanding items required by underwriting for a final approval.
* Process conventional mortgage applications reviewing credit reports, income and asset documentation confirming all documentation meets requirements to move forward with an underwriting decision while demonstrating a high level of communication with members along with internal and external partners, and providing service excellence at all times.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* One to three years of similar or related experience. Prior experience in the mortgage industry is a plus.
* Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.