We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer to work within London Heathrow Airport. Responsible for routine maintenance including, but not limited to: operational & functionality checks, cleaning, adjustment, lubrication and monitoring. Look to find root cause of issues and find permanent solutions to issues encountered.
The hours of work will be 12 hr shifts of 6-6 on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern of 2 days and 2 nights. The starting salary will be £44000 plus overtime and very attractive company benefits.
We would look for someone who is experienced and proficient in the following areas:
- Electrical fault-finding skills, including the replacement and configuration of field devices (motor controllers, sensors, scanners etc).
- To repair and maintain all equipment through a proactive approach of planned preventative maintenance with a "right first time" approach and to seek permanent solutions through a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure rapid response to breakdown situations.
- To enter all work carried out and parts used into Maximo.
- Experienced working with the following:
o Baggage Conveyorso ULD Systemso Automatic storage craneso Individual Carrier Systemso Robotic baggage handling machineryo Manual handling aids
- To carry out effective root cause analysis and develop recommendations for implementation
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate precisely both in writing and verbally at all levels
- Be computer literate.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Be able to plan and prioritise workload.
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Be experienced in the use of PPM systems.
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- City & Guilds/NVQ level 3 or above in maintenance mechanical/electrical discipline
- Previous experience within an FMCG manufacturing or automated warehousing environment (desirable).
- To have the ability to obtain and maintain a full airside pass.