Our client is the county's largest environmental charity, committed to the protection and enhancement of Norfolk's wildlife and wild places.
Nature Conservation Stockperson x2 (East and West Norfolk)
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 per annum depending on experience
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours a week
This federation of wildlife charities are working to facilitate nature's recovery across the nature reserves they care for and within the communities they work alongside, and they know that if nature is to be restored at scale, they need many more people on nature's side.
Our client are offering the opportunity to join their Nature Conservation team working from multiple bases across the west of the County. This is a real chance to start a career in nature conservation working on some of the County's premier wildlife sites.
They are seeking Stockpersons to deliver conservation grazing management on their nature reserves, working with ponies, cattle, sheep and goats.
They offer the following benefits:
- A works vehicle for you to use to travel to and between sites
- Work on some of Norfolk's most iconic and beautiful nature reserves
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- 8 % employer contribution to Aviva pension (2% employee minimum)
- Group income protection and death in service benefits (for pension members)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption policies
- Learning days
- All staff are eligible for free admission to their nature reserves and visitor centres.
The posts require an understanding of the aims of conversation grazing, a flexible and pragmatic approach to the varied demands of the role and good communication skills. Experience of livestock management and husbandry would be advantageous.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 5th October 2022 at midday.
Interviews are likely to take place on Friday 14th October 2022.
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.