- Job Reference: 269658149-2
- Date Posted: 24 April 2021
- Recruiter: AGY
- Location: Aiken, South Carolina
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent
AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY's world headquarters is located in Aiken, South Carolina. It also has an office in Lyon, France.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Operations Controller directs the operations cost accounting, budgeting, analysis and reporting as a business partner with manufacturing, supply chain and sales organizations. Responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of financial processes, tools, and educational support that affect good decision-making and support of a lean operations environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Operations Budgeting and Financial Planning: Coordinates the process and the development of an annual operations budget.
Operations Financial Control: Performs variance and root-cause analysis techniques and works across operations leadership to define drivers of variances to ensure understanding, ownership, timely corrective action, and continuous improvement.
Reporting / Financial Communications: Oversees all aspects of the manufacturing cost accounting close, analysis, and reconciliations within the corporate closing process. Develops forecasts of operational performance and costs. Publish operational finance metric reporting, lead operations financial reviews, and provide other communications on a regular basis.
Analysis and Decision Support: Leads the financial analysis of operations initiatives through a formal business case process to assure clarity of financial justification and decision alternatives. Oversee and monitors results for proper accountability. Utilizes traditional financial and business analysis tools (NPV, IRR, ABC, etc.) in evaluating new product manufacturing costs and reporting, alternative manufacturing processes, cost reduction initiatives, and capital investments.
Operations Finance Capability Development: Plays lead role with financial, manufacturing, and supply chain leaders in defining and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
Finance Integration and Continuous Improvement: Works with Operations, Accounting, Treasury, IT, HR and other key functions in assuring capabilities which effectively integrate and leverage common data, transaction control and report infrastructure.
Staff Development: Oversees training and development of financial staff to assure necessary depth and coverage in accounting/finance skills, operational analysis, problem solving and communications.
* Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance.
* Ten or more years in a financial leadership role within a medium to large complex manufacturing environment
* Cost Accounting background and knowledge of the standard costing process.
* Advanced technical, managerial, and leadership capabilities demonstrated by their role in advancing operations finance functions and staff over their career history.
* Strong knowledge of functionality and integration of ERP financial / inventory modules confirmed through development and implementation experience in building cost accounting, product costing, reporting, and control capabilities.
* Advance user of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
* MBA, CPA and/or CMA preferred
* Experience with financial analysis support
* Strong knowledge of functionality and integration of ERP modules
* Oracle ERP Experience
* Payroll system experience