Non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center is seeking to immediately hire an OBGYN Medical Director for the Austin, TX area. This role would be 50% administrative and 50% clinical with travel to two clinic locations south of Austin, each one day a week, with administrative office in North Austin (Georgetown).
Responsible for the medical care of patients by providing comprehensive out-patient primary care. The organization serves the primary and behavioral health care needs of all individuals regardless of insurance status or ability to pay and annually, provides more than 355,000 visits to 94,000 unique multicultural and multilingual patient patients.
- Assure provision of routine and urgent OB/Gyn services
- Supervise all OB/Gyn professionals; specific duties include, periodic written performance reviews (at least annually), approving time off requests/leave, managing staff conflicts in accordance to policies and procedures
- Work closely with Site Managers and Practice Administrators to optimize clinical flow and patient care
- Develop and implement adherence to clinical protocols, accepted standards of clinical care and quality initiatives
- Provide leadership for achieving programmatic clinical quality objectives
- Collaborate with other medical directors and providers to optimally integrate OB/Gyn care with mental health, dental, and specialty service lines
- Assures high quality educational experience for medical students, residents and other individuals in a training role working in OB/Gyn services
- Actively monitor and manage OB/Gyn service productivity
- Works with Human Resources and Operations Team to recruit, hire, and train appropriate OB/Gyn provider staff
- Establish and implement departmental policies and procedures
- Provide res