Community Hospital is actively recruiting for an Ophthalmologist to join a local practice in east central Nebraska. This dynamic group is committed to providing outstanding patient care with an appropriate balance between work and family.
Ideal candidate is a progressive, general Ophthalmologist who has an interest in cataracts, glaucoma, and refractive and would be interested in a buy-in opportunity to the practice.
- Group of one Ophthalmologist and six Optometrists practicing primarily general Ophthalmology and Optometry.
- The group practices from six locations within a 1 hour radius of community.
- Primary clinic building is 14 years old and includes many of the latest advances in vision correction.
- Primary clinic includes NextGen EHR, Practice Management, and Optix. Each location also includes a full optical dispensary.
- Practice also includes a visiting Medical Retina physician and Pediatric Ophthalmologist.
- Attached to the clinic is a state-of-the-art Surgery Center that features the most advanced equipment and technology including the femtosecond laser and ORA.
- Service area of 60,000
Hospital is a nonprofit, Joint Commission-accredited, acute care facility characterized by its family-centered care, community involvement and progressive ideas in health care. The hospital serves Platte County and the seven surrounding counties. The hospital emergency department is staffed 24/7 by hospital-employed physicians and is designated as a Level III Trauma Center.
Additional highlights of our state-of-the-art facility include, advanced diagnostic imaging services like a wide bore MRI and a 64-slice CT scanner. We also have strong, in-house hospitalist programs and an excellent nursing staff. Our medical staff value clinical quality, patient satisfaction and collegiality.
Columbus, Nebraska is in the heart of the Midwest. It sits at the confluence of the Loup and Platte Rivers, which provide a bounty of wildlife viewing, kayaking, hunting and fishing opportunities, as well as beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Columbus has a population of 22,000 and is