Health System in Eau Claire, WI is seeking a fellowship-trained Medical Retina Specialist to join our established retinal practice with two full-time retinal surgeons.
- This position will provide Outpatient Clinic Medical retinal services in addition to, general ophthalmology as it relates to cataract evaluations and surgery.
- Expectation to participate in general ophthalmology call coverage, which is a 1:6 rotation.
- Limited inpatient care specifically general ophthalmology patients.
- Teaching/academic/research expectation: If candidate is wanting to explore these areas, will work in conjunction with Rochester. Currently, NWWI Family Medicine residents and Emergency Room NP/PA do shadow the physicians.
Clinic is a non-profit, physician-led, multi-specialty clinical practice integrated with education and research in a unified, multi-campus environment. Clinic is an academic tertiary care institution that includes campuses in Minnesota, Arizona and Florida. We have the benefits afforded by a large institution, yet the freedom to direct our own department and practice to meet the needs of the patient.Health System:
Health System -Eau Claire has a 210 bed hospital and extensive outpatient practice providing comprehensive subspecialty medical and surgical care. We currently provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient stroke care to the patients of Northwest Wisconsin with support from the enterprise-wide tele stroke program. The hospital is a designated comprehensive stroke center, with a dedicated RN stroke coordinator. In addition, we are actively exploring the opportunities to provide endovascular therapy services. The facility includes a certified EEG lab along with NAEC Level 3 certified two bed epilepsy monitoring unit. In addition, we have a VNS program and close collaborative relationship with the epilepsy division at Clinic Rochester to provide comprehensive epilepsy surgery options. We provide intraoperative EEG monitoring for a number of surgical cases on a weekly basis, along with robust and steady outpatient, inpatient, and ambulatory EEG volumes. We maintain an excellent collaborative research relationship with Clinic Rochester and the University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire.
The successful applicant will be a skilled clinician, board-certified or board-eligible in Ophthalmology with fellowship training in uveitis or vitreoretinal disease.
- WI State licensure needed