- Full-time, Mon-Fri - no nights or weekends
- No call immediately but will be enacted in the future with opportunity to help build and influence call schedule
- Opportunity to participate in the development of outpatient and community palliative care program development
- Leadership role in outpatient setting. We envision our program to serve oncology and then other specialties over time.
- Opportunity exists to practice inpatient as well as outpatient palliative care medicine, if desired.
- Close collaboration and support from current physician-led inpatient team including two fellowship trained physicians, certified palliative care social worker and nurse practitioner
- Administrative approval to build interdisciplinary outpatient team including full-time outpatient palliative care social worker, palliative care chaplain and program coordinator position over the next few years
- Hospital employed position
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
·BC/BE in Palliative Medicine, Fellowship preferred. Significant experience in palliative medicine, oncology, hospice or geriatrics strongly considered. LOCATION
- Located on beautiful Lake Superior near the famous Boundary Water's Canoe Area, world-class mountain biking, lakes, forests and endless outdoor actives, creating the setting for an exceptional quality of life.
- Duluth population: 86,000; Regional service area: 460,000
- 150 miles north of the no rth of Minneapolis/St. Paul