Medical Group is seeking a Palliative Care Physician to join its team supporting patients and their families who are dealing with a serious illness.
- The Physician will provide Palliative Care services in the hospital setting and will work closely with an interdisciplinary team including a Social Worker, Nursing, and Spiritual Care support to provide comprehensive care to patients with advancing illness.
- The Physician will work with consultants and staff to manage pain, symptoms, address goals of care and treatment plans, and to provide guidance and education to patients and families.
- Work schedule is a three-day work week, 8 hour workday, 24 hours a week.
• NYS licensure and DEA required
• Board Certification
• Fellowship training in Geriatric Medicine, Hospice, or Palliative Care
• Competitive salary
• Excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental insurances
• Paid malpractice, including post-SPHP employment tail coverage
• CME time & expense allowance
• Paid time away from the practice
• Two-part retirement savings program with employer matching program
Discover an excellent work/life balance in NY's Capital District- a medium sized area offering all the amenities of a larger urban area in a beautiful, scenic, and affordable setting. A stable economic setting; we have a strong and expanding presence in healthcare of every type, in higher education, and enjoy a unique position as the capital of the Empire State. The Capital District includes the cities of Albany, Schenectady, and Troy- and the surrounding area includes Clifton Park and Saratoga Springs. The region has excellent year-round outdoor recreation available, including excellent golf, water-sports of all kinds, camping, hiking, and great skiing. It offers a wealth of cultural offerings and activities, including several renowned museums (the Albany Institute of History and Art, The NY State Museum), theaters
(Proctor's, The Palace) fine dining, and a year-round events calendar full with music and sporting events (The Times Union Center & Saratoga Performing Arts Center.) Excellent public and private schools are available, as are affordable homes and reasonable taxes. Higher education opportunities abound in our region with nearly 30 colleges and universities in the region and we are part of NY's Tech Valley.
To the North: the largest state park in the nation: The Adirondacks: world renowned for hiking, skiing, camping, boating, and countless scenic vistas
To the East: Vermont and the beautiful Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts
To the South: the historic and amazing Catskill Mountains and Hudson Valley, home to excellent skiing, camping,