Unlimited potential exists for a Pediatrician to join our practice in Caribou, a community that is economically, culturally, and socially inviting. This opportunity has come about due to relocation of an existing Pediatrician. Caribou prides itself on the high quality of its public school system, extremely low crime rate and family-oriented community activities. The community boasts a new multi-million dollar Recreation and Wellness Center that offers programs and activities for all ages. Grow the practice as families move into the area to support the growth of local industry, including the Defense Financing and Accounting Service (DFAS), the Maine Military Authority and an influx in the number of U.S. Border Patrol officers.
- 5 days per week, including one early evening each week on a rotating basis (Health Center offers extended early morning and evening hours two days a week); Saturday morning hours may be considered in the future.
- One of six primary care offices located in geographically dispersed communities.
- 3 Obstetricians and 2 Certified Nurse Midwives 2 Pediatricians
- Practice is conveniently attached to Cary Medical Center with easy internal stairway access to the hospital's maternal/child unit and Operating Rooms one floor above.
- Telephone triage system to screen after-hours calls.
- Patient profile is newborn to approximately age 18.
- Call: 1 in 3 rotation with infrequent requirement to come into the hospital for pediatric admissions.
- Pediatricians attend all C-sections.
Compensation & Benefits:
- PALS certification required, NRP certification highly desirable.
- Board Certified or board eligible on defined track to become Board Certified Allopathic and osteopathic physicians
- H-1B and J-1 candidates can be considered.
- In-practice physicians, residents or fellows, and military-trained physicians will be considered equally
The successful Pediatrician will receive a competitive salary, generous health and welfare benefits package, professional liability insurance, CME reimbursement, relocation assistance, and education loan repayment, if applicable. The physician will also receive an annual allowance for licensing, DEA registration, professional society memberships, and medical journal subscriptions. All of our primary care health centers are approved for participation in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayer program. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or green card.
Medical Center Information:
The leader of deliveries, north of Bangor Maine, with over 200 deliveries annually; Anesthesiologist on call at all times at Medical Center. NICU not available, however a pediatric critical care tra