Our ideal candidates right now are young, just starting out of have been employed for a while and are ready for a change, we do like to see any candidate that has ties to our area/Iowa in general. We have a rockstar set of providers on staff so we are very strategic on picking candidates…they have to be the best fit! We prefer American-trained providers, must speak fluent English, clean history, so no malpractice claims, we have a different model so it is important for the providers to understand that we are physician owned and not a hospital. Some agencies just send us every candidate that comes across their desk and that is not what we are looking for. We want the agencies we are working with to know and understand what type of candidates we are looking for.
So we are physician-owned so new providers would get a salary guarantee for 18-24 months then they may be able to become a shareholder.
All specialties take call, each department has their own rotation. We currently have 3 oncologists, 3 family med providers and 19 orthopaedic providers. The only clinic that does not provide inpatient care if family med. New providers would do all outpatient.
PCI understands that the strongest component of our operation is the people behind it. To that end, we offer an attractive benefits package that allows our physicians to achieve their financial goals while being able to practice with one of the most progressive and fastest growing healthcare organizations in the state. An overview of the benefits offered at PCI include:
- Competitive, guaranteed base salary during your first two years
- Opportunity for full partnership
- Opportunity for annual production bonuses
- Participation in an outstanding fringe benefits program
- Income growth potential through group-owned ancillary and diagnostic services
- Shared practice costs with over 80 providers
- Group purchasing savings with insurance carriers and suppliers
- New, state-of-the-art, 221,000 sq. ft. medical facility
- Very favorable payer mix with no managed care
When joining the PCI family, you enter into a partnership with a group of colleagues that provides medical excellence, in an environment of compassion, trust and respect. Your valuable time is spent with patients, not on the management of your practice. PCI's culture values patient-centered care, physician quality of life and financial success.
Why be a part of PCI?
- Independence & autonomy
- Physician-led governance
- Call and PSA agreements with hospitals; shared call
- Compensation above the 75th perc