The Project Controller is a proactive participant in the management of the project performance from the quote phase to the project closure. As such the Project Controller understands the contractual terms, the scope, the cost estimations and the project schedule.
During project execution Project Controller manages customer purchase orders and revenue recognition, evaluates project related cost estimations and budget, and dominates all financial aspects of the project (including cash flow, taxes, foreign exchange hedging, etc.).
The Project Controller works alongside the Project Management Team to foster a forward-looking, zero surprise approach, while continuously assessing potential risks and opportunities and contributing with a strong and convincing voice of financial insight.
The Project Controller reports to the Project Control Manager.
- Responsible for controlling project performance, maintaining budgets and forecasts in the ERP system, performing effective financial analysis and providing key financial reports to all members of the project team in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the project team participating in the execution of Process P10 and ensuring application of Policy P16 and Procedure 60 for Project Controlling/Finance area of competence.
- Schedule and lead the activities to produce an integrated project forecast (EAC -- Estimate At Completion), evaluating the accuracy of the project forecast by assessing actual cost and physical project progress and underling potential risk / problem areas.
- Manage revenue recognition, support Customer change management in financial terms validating profitability control in alignment with thresholds defined by the Project Sponsor
- Review and approve, according to Customer purchase orders, project invoice requests submitted by Project Management
- Consolidate project performance data in the Project Performance Report and assist the Project Manager in the preparation and presentation of the project performance to the Management (or Customer, if needed), including total revenues and costs, project margins, invoicing, payments, cash flow, risks, opportunities and contingencies.
- Support Business Unit / Regional Controller and/or CFO with ad hoc financial reports, internal and external audit requirements, and other special projects.
- When requested, perform specific coaching and training and create best practices documents.
- Ensure high Integrity and transparency in performance reporting and data management.