We have an immediate opening for an Account Director based out of our New York office. This role will work across advertising, B2B, technology and media clients. It's yours if you are passionate about your work and are cool and calm under pressure. You have an extensive media network and excel at managing client account teams. You're the type of person who can read a room well, you know when you command and own it and you also know when you take a step back. This is a role for someone who has a specific interest in advertising and marketing and experience working with everything from ad tech, agencies and everything in between. You have Adweek, Digiday and Bloomberg bookmarked on your browser and have a genuine opinion on the evolving advertising and marketing industry, data privacy and targeting, and some of your favorite campaigns from the last year. If you (more often than not) catch yourself lost in a rabbit hole of Fast Company or navigating panels and networking events during Advertising Week, you're it for us!
- Leading account teams and managing projects from start to finish.
- Developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
- Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
- Creating, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
- Planning and executing media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
- Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 - 6).
- Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
- Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
- Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients - media meetings, key introductions, etc.
- Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
- Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Drafting, editing and proofreading sponsorship decks and pitch materials, creative briefs, client materials, memos, agendas, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
You should apply if:
- You have at least 7 years working in PR, specific experience in media relations, technology, B2B comms, public relations, integrated media relations, strategic media planning.
- You've managed a client team with direct oversight for at least 1 year.
- You understand almost all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
- You are a strong writer - persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have great judgment and can make "the call" as needed.
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary - our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don't be uncool
You don't HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
- Previous experience working with & managing teams in multiple locations
- Previous experience in the ad tech world
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. We arrange additional perks as well. From Summer Fridays and celebrations to company-organized volunteer opportunities, we're proud of the culture we've created across the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Little More About Us
Sunshine Sachs is a full service communications firm that is proud to represent clients across many industries including social good, entertainment, tech and lifestyle. We are creative storytellers who work to reach audiences and solve communication challenges regardless of the medium.
We're proud to represent clients that align with our beliefs and work to transform our society for the better. We know that even during the toughest of times, our responsibility to our clients and each other can bring meaningful and long-lasting impact for those affected the most. Our responsibility is telling our client's story, not touting our own (which is why you won't find our website).
Sunshiners are in it for the meaningful moments. Giving back and social good is at the crux of who we are and what continues to grow within us - from quarterly volunteer days to teaching and mentoring.