The Memorial Healthcare System's Talent Acquisition Team is actively sourcing & screening applications for current placements of: STAFF RELIEF &/or FULL-TIME &/or PART-TIME Licensed Registered Respiratory Therapists to fill NICU/ PICU / PEDS openings for NIGHT SHIFTS. THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN-ON BONUS, AS ADVERTISED, BASED ON APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY. We are currently sourcing to fill these openings and are looking forward to receiving your application, for consideration. ; ;
Provides care for patients with cardiopulmonary disorders.
• Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
• Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
• Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• NON-INVASIVE POSITIVE PRESSURE VENTILATION (NIPPV): Initiates, adjusts, troubleshoots and delivers appropriate non-invasive positive pressure ventilation therapy.
• ARTIFICIAL AIRWAY CARE/MAINTENANCE: Performs and demonstrates appropriate endotracheal tube care/maintenance.
• MECHANICAL VENTILATION WEANING/PULMONARY MECHANICS: Coaches, demonstrates, performs and reports mechanical ventilation weaning/pulmonary mechanics.
• ARTERIAL BLOOD GAS SAMPLING - ARTERIAL PUNCTURE: Performs appropriate arterial blood gas puncture sampling.
• HFNC/VAPOTHERM: Initiates, adjusts, troubleshoots and delivers high flow cannula/Vapotherm Therapy.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• Accredited Program
• Respiratory Therapy
• BLS Certification
• Registered Respiratory Therapist - FL
Education equivalent experience:
• Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.
••Department Specific Credentials••
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) for NICU,
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) for Pediatric areas
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) for Adult areas
Note: For added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements Grid.
• Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 80.00%
• Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 80.00%
• Kneeling ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Reaching ; ; ; 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 80.00%
• Running ; ; ; 60.00%
• Sitting ; ; ; 60.00%
• Squatting ; ; ; 80.00%
• Standing ; ; ; 80.00%
• Walking ; ; ; 80.00%
• Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
• Smelling Acuity ; ; ; 60.00%
• Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
• Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 80.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 80.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 80.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 80.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 80.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
• Dust ; ; ; 60.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 80.00%
• Hazardous Medication ; ; ; 60.00%
• Latex ; ; ; 60.00%
• Computer Monitor ; ; ; 80.00%
• Domestic Animals ; ; ; 60.00%
• Fire Risk ; ; ; 40.00%
• Hazardous Noise ; ; ; 40.00%
• Heating Devices ; ; ; 60.00%
• Magnetic Fields ; ; ; 80.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 80.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 80.00%
• Potential Electric Shock ; ; ; 40.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 60.00%
• Radiation ; ; ; 60.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 80.00%
; Organizational Profile:
Since its inception in 1953, Memorial Healthcare System has been a leader in providing high-quality healthcare services to South Florida residents. Today, it is one of the largest public healthcare systems in the nation with over 13,000 team members and highly regarded for its exceptional patient- and family-centered care. Memorial's patient, physician and employee satisfaction rates are some of the most admired in the country, and the system is recognized as a national leader in quality healthcare.
Memorial has a reputation as one of Florida's leading healthcare systems and is supported by a distinguished medical staff. In fact, the vast majority of physicians are board certified or board qualified in their specialties and have been trained at many of the nation's finest medical schools and hospitals. Because of its distinguished medical staff and services, Memorial draws patients from South Florida and beyond.
Many prestigious healthcare awards have been earned by Memorial Healthcare System and its facilities. The accolades include: Modern Healthcare magazine's Best Places to Work in Healthcare, Florida Trend magazine's Best Companies to Work for in Florida, 100 Top Hospitals, Consumer Choice Award, Best-Run Hospital, Best Nursing Staff, Best Pediatric Hospital and Best Maternity Hospital.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.