An award-winning hospital located in upstate New York now seeks an experienced RN Supervisor to join their accredited extended care facility.
The RN Supervisor will join this established health system that has been serving surrounding communities for over 100 years. This network comprises a 100+ bed acute care hospital, 150+ bed extended care and short term facility as well as a multitude of primary care and speciality care practices.
The RN Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining high standards of professional nursing services in the management of an entire unit on a given shift. Special emphasis is placed on instruction, supervision and coordination of nursing personnel and all related functions of a unit. The work is performed under the general supervision of the Director or Assistant Director of Nursing Services with considerable latitude permitted for the exercise of independent judgment in planning and carrying out assigned duties. Some responsibilities include but are not;
- Supervises the preparation of and submits descriptive medical and statistical reports, records and data
- Instructs and assists the nursing staff and auxiliary nursing personnel on nursing problems, clinical techniques, ward management and related activities;
- Conducts employees orientation, performance evaluation and counseling to all nursing personnel on assigned shift;
- Performs a variety of personnel management, clinical department and unit management and supply distribution activities;
- Assists in the formulation and execution of policies and procedures;
The RN Supervisor must have at least an Associate's Degree in Nursing with a minimum of three years clinical experience as an RN and one year of leadership experience. A valid NY RN License is required.
This hospital is located in beautiful Upstate New York. This area offers residents an array of activities to enjoy including hiking, concerts and kayaking. This community is filled with local restaurants, bars, coffee shops and parks to explore! The RN Supervisor will find a great work-life balance in this beautiful area of New York.
You will find this hospital a great place to work, and with the support of strong leadership, success is inevitable. Come be a part of this New York area hospital and become an integral part of the team! A competitive salary and generous benefit package await you.