Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services.
The Healthcare Industry Group (HIG), a subsidiary of A&M, is an established leader known for delivering tangible results for healthcare c-suite executives, boards, private equity firms, investors, law firms and government agencies that are facing complex challenges. We are at the forefront of delivering transformational change to the healthcare industry. Our professionals advise our clients on financial, operational and market performance by assessing all aspects of their operations and providing comprehensive services, including analyzing revenue and financial information, conducting process reviews, identifying key business drivers, and managing risk and compliance issues. HIG also provides services such as revenue cycle management, mergers and acquisitions, compliance and regulatory, information technology and interim management.
You will have the opportunity to work with clients in a variety of sectors including health systems and providers, physician groups, ancillary providers, medical schools, vision, laboratory, dental and behavior health; managed care and health plans, government plans and programs, healthcare investors and lenders, medical devices, healthcare suppliers and infrastructure, life sciences, pharma, and biotech.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Associate you will be working closely with healthcare clients on a range of complex assignments. You will work in a team environment while using your independent judgement and critical thinking skills to gather data, frame situations and provide practical solutions to add value based on client needs. Depending on the client project the responsibilities of a Senior Associate may typically include:
* Building and managing financial models, conducting financial and operating analyses, and drafting pro-forma financial statements
* Conducting client interviews to gain an understanding of and evaluate aspects of client situation and operations
* Developing operational data analysis to develop KPI metrics
* Effectively summarizing, drawing conclusions and creating recommendations from large data sets or analyses
* Leading various work streams within a project, including managing day to day engagement priorities with guidance from senior leaders
* Preparing client-ready deliverables and presentations; making presentations to clients
* Coaching and mentoring junior staff both formally and informally
* Building relationships with clients and seeking opportunities to expand the scope of business
* Supporting marketing initiatives by assisting with the pitch preparation process and creation of marketing materials
* Helping to build product and service offering tools and templates
Working as a partner to our clients by building consultative relationships you will develop an in-depth understanding of the client's processes, financial positions and key operational performance drivers in order to surface and address key issues, from the big picture to the smallest details. Relying on your ability to communicate and problem solve, you will present your analyses and insights to a variety of audiences.
We are seeking someone to join our team with an entrepreneurial and collaborative mindset who will manage ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Senior Associate you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership, integrity and objectivity when interacting with clients at all corporate levels.
Who you will you be working with?
We are not your typical consulting firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial, action oriented and results oriented professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients' problems and helping them reach their full potential. We are nimble, resourceful, and proactive but will adapt quickly when changes are needed. Together, we are known for developing implementation plans that drive real results.
You will be part of a team that is passionate about and known for delivering transformational change to the healthcare continuum through our consulting, advisory and interim management services in financial and operational performance improvement, strategy, merger & acquisition, and turnaround.
How will you grow and be supported?
As a Senior Associate within the Healthcare Industry Group, you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level by gaining invaluable industry experience while enhancing and expanding your skillset. As part of our team, you will collaborate with many experienced professionals who will provide you with developmental feedback and growth opportunities.
We work with each of our employees to develop a customized career development plan to ensure you are matched with professional development opportunities that meet your unique needs and accelerate your development. We offer a variety of live and virtual training programs, access to best-in-class on-demand training, ongoing on-the-job coaching, a transitional coach to help you acclimate to the practice, and partnership with a mentor who will guide you through your career.
Our Healthcare team prides itself on sustaining a culture that reflects our core values. We value integrity, quality and objectivity in our work. We like what we do and with whom we do it. We embrace diversity, foster inclusiveness and reward merit. We encourage and support our employees and communities through ongoing investments from leadership, social and networking events, peer-to-peer networks, Employee Resource Groups, volunteer opportunities and pro-bono work. We are committed to promoting an inclusive environment in which all can develop, grow and be supported.
Alvarez & Marsal offers competitive benefits and opportunities to support your personal and professional development. Click to learn about our commitment to your well-being. A&M recognizes that our people drive our growth, and you will be provided with the best available training and development resources through formalized training and on the job training. Learn more about why A&M is a great place to work.
What are we looking for?
* High energy individuals with a passion for healthcare and solving complex issues
* A minimum of five (5) years of prior work experience in healthcare, consulting or healthcare industry such as healthcare banking, accounting, audit, private equity, managed care, health plans or healthcare operations with a healthcare focus
* BA/BS degree and/or MBA/MS in Accounting, Finance, or other related healthcare fields such as MHA or MPH
* Professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or demonstrated progress toward such certifications a plus
* Advanced level of Excel proficiency and experience in financial modeling with the ability to build 13-week cash flow forecast and three statement model from scratch
* Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Word skills a must; experience with Tableau, SQL, SPSS, Power BI, Action O-I benchmarking, MGMA survey data a plus
* Solid project management and organizational skills
* Working knowledge of healthcare industry, including a fundamental understanding of healthcare finance, operations, valuation and various laws and regulations
* Ability to use sound judgment and escalate project issues to project managers or engagement leaders
* Ability to coach and mentor junior staff
* Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate with and present information to all levels of client personnel
* Willingness and ability to travel as required
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A&M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.