At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.Senior Manager, Marketing Channels
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Marketing Channels
to oversee the strategy and implementation of our marketing activities across digital, social and search channels, including paid, earned and owned for a fast-growing biotech firm in life sciences. You will manage a team responsible for social media channels and online webinars and events. You will also be a working manager, accountable for our third party paid advertising channel including managing our media agency.
All this effort will be grounded in an analytical approach to driving awareness, engagement, lead generation and optimizing media spend for the organization. This position reports into the Head of Brand and Marcom and supports the broader Commercial group through media planning, negotiating, buying, optimizing, and analyzing to meet ROI for marketing campaigns, in addition to driving lead generation and engagement through our marketing channels.
Individuals applying for this position must be innovative and strategic thinkers, action driven, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.Key Responsibilities
- Manage a team of talented Marketing Channel Managers with the goals of evaluating and improving paid, social media, and virtual event channel marketing strategies, and flawless execution of campaigns and tactics through the individual channels to produce desired results.
- Develop and manage the strategic roadmap for each assigned digital channel. Oversee the completion of new channel development, including planning, compliance, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, to determine if expected value was delivered. Present results and data analytics for assigned channels.
- Manage relationship with 10x media agencies and drive the planning, development and implementation of global and regional campaign paid media plans.
- Oversee the development of social media strategies across all 10x channels - LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube; including company pages on those channels and all company posting activity. Establish social media guidelines and train on social selling best practices. Integrate social media content plan within 10x marketing content strategy and architecture
- Partner with Market Program Managers to optimize channel utilization based on best practices and manage media budget, optimizing spend across paid, earned and owned media to grow awareness and increase lead generation each quarter and YOY. Share post-campaign learnings and provide ideas for implications to improve future performance.
- Manage marketing channel workflow and processes and continually evaluate and improve for efficiency
Required Skills And Background
- Stay current with industry trends best in class customer experiences to drive customer loyalty and long-term sales growth.
- Excellent media planning, organization and execution skills; ability to build strategies and plans that align with business priorities
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to compile and analyze search data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction
- In depth understanding of media channels, life science publishers and genomics terminology
- Strong problem-solving aptitude and ability to deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings, vendor interviews and presentations with various size groups; negotiate between all levels of employees and stakeholders of a proposed project for optimum results.
- Ability to communicate relevant information in an easy-to-understand form to various teams across the business. Effectively present information and respond to questions from management and other stakeholders.
- Detail oriented with strong project management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities
- Ability to lead direct reports through coaching and development feedback
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, life sciences, business administration, journalism or related degree
- 2-3+ years direct supervisory experience
- 3-5+ years media planning (life science industry preferred)
- 3+ years social media platform management
- Expert knowledge of SEM and Google Analytics
Working knowledge of Marketo and Salesforce preferredIndividuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.