Senior Manager of Paid Marketing
Round Barn Labs (RBL) is a fast-growing independent growth marketing consulting firm offering Growth Strategy, Analytics, Paid Marketing, Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), and intelligent Affiliate Partner marketing.
We are long-term thinkers driving impact for our clients. RBL thinks about individual channels and the entire picture in ways that typical agencies do not. We have a stronger understanding of in-house teams and growth. Since our founding in 2014, we've worked with brands like ModCloth, LiveNation, Nextdoor, Amazon, and Facebook (Portal & Oculus). We are the only affiliate agency or consulting firm that has managed programs for eBay, Amazon, and Facebook.
We can give our clients three core channels to drive holistic growth: 1) Paid Social/Search, 2) Affiliate/Partner, and 3) Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO). We collaborate with high-growth B2C e-commerce and marketplace clients in the U.S. We're nimble, hungry, fast-paced, and keep our distributed team happy. Inspired by leading growth practitioners to be more than an agency we are working with clients to unlock growth.
This is an exciting and pivotal role for you with the potential to have a big impact on RBL and our clients. You are our resident paid social expert, responsible for keeping on top of trends, developments, and best practices and applying learnings to directly impact client campaigns
You would collaborate closely with our VP of Paid Marketing and our CEO. You'll be part of a cross-functional team that includes production, growth, client services, all working to make sure client needs are anticipated and met.
As RBL's Senior Manager of Paid Marketing, you will be responsible for the following key areas: 1) design and execution of paid social and paid marketing strategy 2) acting as the primary point of contact for your assigned clients by answering client emails and leading weekly calls 3) project management on accounts you own 4) Campaign Optimization on select accounts collaborating with our team to ensure we meet and exceed goals.
In addition to paid marketing expertise with a strong focus on social, you will need to have the drive to work independently and the communication skills to work as part of a growing team. Teammates that have been successful have been great communicators and have exhibited strong ownership.
This is an exciting entrepreneurial opportunity to be part of building and implementing systems for high impact and collaboration with our Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) division. It's a significant learning opportunity to be at the forefront of growth, and paid marketing working closely with seasoned growth and performance marketing practitioners and world-class clients.
You'll be responsible for:
• Driving paid social strategy for top-tier clients.
• Driving paid social execution for top tier clients in collaboration with our VP of Paid Marketing and Creative team
• Creating roadmaps planning strategic initiatives & optimization efforts to hit client goals and targets.
• Setting and hitting client targets for both volume and ROI.
• Identifying and executing tasks that will have the most significant impact on hitting targets.
• Quantifying and prioritizing initiatives/opportunities accordingly.
• Campaign monitoring to ensure the account is pacing well relative to budgets and targets.
• Troubleshooting pixels, UTM tags, tracking, and instrumentation
• Have an eye for building helpful reporting and recommend improvements to existing processes, reporting, and analysis
• Implementing testing initiatives in key areas such as ad creatives, landing page messaging, landing page layout, audience segmentation, placements, networks, and 3rd-party tools.
You'll need to have:
• A minimum of 3 years' paid social experience and a minimum 1 year of experience in a client-facing digital marketing role
• Proven prior work experience managing accounts with various goals and across several different industries
• Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, Reddit, Twitter, LinkedIn Advertising and proven prior work experience executing on those platforms.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. This is critical to ensure client success, alignment of team and client expectations, in particular on a remote distributed team.
• Track record of client management, budget management, top tier client management, and ability to manage budgets ranging from $50k per month to over $500k per month
Additional points we'd like to see:
• A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years' experience required
• Working knowledge of Google Ad platforms and search engine marketing (SEM/PPC)
• Certifications: Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Blueprint
• A passion for Growth, Growth Marketing, Growth Teams, Innovation and driving continuous process, learnings, improvement, and impact
• You are an energetic and creative search marketing enthusiast; eager to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on, learn, and grow in the search engine marketing space
• You are entrepreneurial spirited and a self-starter; able to work both independently and in a team environment
• You are comfortable working with leading 3rd party tracking platforms
• Interested in innovation and working with new improved methodologies for boosting performance
Benefits include unlimited PTO, health insurance reimbursement, a competitive salary, a large voice in a small fast-growing firm, fun quarterly team events, and 10% of your time to work on non-client projects.
We believe in growth principles like Always Be Testing (ABT) and a competitive, collaborative, supportive culture. We are a distributed team with players in SF, Seattle, Austin, Miami, Portland, Denver, Chicago, Dallas, and Los Angeles.
We're inspired by leading growth teams and principles. We're one of the few performance marketing agencies that make User Experience (UX) recommendations to improve conversion rates prior to spending media dollars.
Best-in-class growth marketing impact requires a best-in-class workforce, and we believe that comes from a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences. RBL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon the diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech.