Iceland is a unique British business, focused on frozen food, innovation, convenience and value. We are currently one of the fastest growing supermarket brands in the UK.
Iceland's history of innovation is an impressive one, from being the first supermarket to remove artificial colourings and flavourings, the first to remove GM ingredients from our own label products and the first supermarket to offer a nationwide home shopping service. We are also championing green initiatives to help reduce plastic and food waste. Iceland are never afraid to pioneer new initiatives and try new ways to deliver an outstanding offering to our customers.
It is no different in our I.T. department. We have made huge changes in our technical landscape over the last few years with an enormous push to move our compute into the cloud to help deliver innovative, scalable line of business applications. This evolution is still happening as we utilise more and more cloud native functionality and find ever more efficient and scalable ways to deliver solutions to our colleagues.
As we look to evolve our IT roadmap, we are also looking to evolve our teams. We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Integration team here at Head Office, in Deeside.
The Software Engineering team are well established at Iceland. We've delivered software solutions across many parts of the business and are a key function in delivering Iceland's future. Iceland has a fairly unique stance when assessing technical solution requirements and will generally lean towards writing in-house solutions rather than buy off-the-shelf to ensure we deliver a highly tailored solution the is fit for purpose. This has led to a need to expand the team as we continue to increase the internal portfolio of solutions developed by the team.
The roadmap is an exciting mixture of greenfield projects and continuous improvement, upgrading our existing estate of applications to the latest technologies and architecture. There's a wealth of experience within the team and there's always someone willing to offer their support and knowledge.
The team has grown significantly over recent years and as a result we've reorganised ourselves into smaller agile squads which each manage their own workstream and champion the business domains they work with.
Applications developed by the team are used through-out our business by all of our 30,000+ colleagues, so scalability and resilience are key to everything we do. Continuous integration and deployment have been fully adopted to automate code releases which gives our team more confidence when releasing code into production environments.
What you can expect from us
- A collaborative and informal environment.
- Managers and squad members who invest in your professional and personal growth.
- Passionate and imaginative technical teams to work and collaborate with.
- A forward-thinking leadership team that puts confidence in you and gives you the autonomy to deliver what the business needs.
- We encourage new ideas to help keep us moving in the right direction and have design authority meetings to give you the chance to excite us with your ideas.
In this role, you can expect to
- Use the latest cloud and web technology to build quality and innovative software solutions.
- Work closely with your agile squad of developers, BA's and testers to collaborate on design
- Build greenfield, extend, or enhance existing functionality as well as building towards a new micro-app and micro-service platform.
- Follow our agile way of working by attending stand-up's, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and design and planning sessions.
- Work with the latest infrastructure offered by Microsoft Azure to implement your solutions, utilising CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code.
- Assist the Software Development Manager in creating product roadmaps
You should apply if
- You have a passion for tech and want to learn new things
- You enjoy working across the full stack to deliver applications in the cloud.
- You have experience with SOLID principles, Strong C# knowledge & working knowledge of Design Patterns
- You love to make things better for people who use your application
What we can offer you
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Flexible working, 2 days in the office a week
- 15% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount
- Free parking
- Double discount weeks
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.