Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Senior Associate Brand Manager (Sr ABM) on Global Licensing will be engaged in a dynamic role responsibility for both developing and implementing marketing programs in support of the Outbound Licensing Team, as well as directly supporting Inbound Licensing and Promotional deal term contracts and ongoing partnership management initiatives. This role will enable a strong communicator with a strategic and creative mindset to support the advancement of global licensing programs that expand our brand's engagement with consumers across multiple categories. Seeking an entrepreneurial minded marketer to be an advocate for Hershey Licensing's programs, both internally within Hershey and externally within the industry, influencing initiatives to grow Hershey's iconic brands.
Within Outbound Licensing and established licensed contracts, this role will partner with the Licensing Team to support the development of volume and equity driving programs to deliver predictable and sustainable growth across the licensing portfolio. The marketer will leverage their expertise to facilitate marketing/creative programs as enablers to new and existing outbound licensing programs, which have previously included leading creative VIS development or facilitating joint owned and licensed merchandising programs with retail partners. This role will develop and monitor appropriate marketing KPI's and associated metrics, and building tools and pitch materials to advance Global Licensing Team sales efforts. Additionally, the individual will develop compelling PR communications of the team's successes within the Hershey organization broadly to build advocacy as well as through external industry communications.
Within Inbound Licensing, the Sr ABM will work closely with the Licensing Manager to develop a skillset and expertise in deal term development, contract management, and external partnership management. Inbound Licensing is a key growth enabler of Hershey's US Brands and this role reflects the continued need to both establish new licensing relationships with compelling properties as well as to manage with excellence existing licensed relationships.
Additionally, this position requires strong analytical skills as well as an ability to translate analysis on the business into recommended actions. Individuals should be curious to pursue understanding of the external environment including general trends impacting the business, competitive assessments, and an understanding of both consumers and customers.
Implement Volume and Equity Driving Programs
- Identify, cultivate and execute brand collaborations and marketing programs with established license contracts, driving predictable and sustainable sales growth.
- Integrate appropriate use of Hershey assets to optimize marketplace impact, inclusive but not limited to Hershey's social media platforms, PR resources, Hershey Experience assets, retail sales partnerships, etc.
Enable Marketing KPI's and Metrics
- Optimize the marketing tools the global licensing team uses to support and grow the business
- Effectively build and manage tools to provide updates with existing partners
- Develop and manage pitch tools for sales and tradeshows
- Enable team with resources and information to ensure products and services meet Brand strategy and build equity
Develop and Deliver Brand Growth Strategy via Licensing
- Leverage internal and external information sources to identify trends and consumer segments that will allow Hershey to achieve future growth.
- Manage tools implement strategies/plans and to help determine growth targets for Licensing revenue by Category.
- Align internal resources and establishes productive working relationships across functions to accomplish strategic objectives. Works with internal partners such as Brand Directors, Research, THE Finance and Accounting, Legal, Shared Services, Sales
Leadership of activities inside and outside the company that will result in successful implementation of marketing plans
Analysis of the business results or directing such analysis
Knowledge of the commercial, operational, and financial dimensions of the business
Partnership with consumer insights to support strategy development through identification of white-space opportunities and analysis of trends/unmet consumer needs
External and internal assessments of the business environment, competitors, customers, market trends, and implications to the particular area of responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA or relevant work experience favored
- 3+ years relevant marketing or product management experience.
- Innovative, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial in approach
- Ability to cultivate and create excitement and engagement in the organization around Licensing
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Previous project management experience with proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment is preferred.
- Cross-functional team leadership skills and the ability to effectively influence a diverse group of people
- Experience with vendor negotiations and contracts a plus
- Proven ability to partner with stakeholders and peers
- Experience with Nielsen and/or IRI is required
- Overall business knowledge and holistic general management approach.
- Superior strategic thinking and planning.
- Economic value creation mindset.
- CPG experience preferred.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (askhr@).