Student Coord II - Financial Aid (temp)
- Job Reference: 269657299-2
- Date Posted: 24 April 2021
- Recruiter: University Of Michigan
- Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The temporary financial aid officer will fill a variety of needs within the financial aid office under the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid. This role is expected to consist of an average of 20 hours per week.
The temporary financial aid officer will work closely with the Director to review student requests for federal and private loans, adjustments to an individual cost of attendance, in addition to participating in monthly federal loan reconciliation and draw down requests. The temporary financial aid officer should possess and in-depth knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions for Financial Aid, as well as have an extensive background implementing federal regulations governing federal student loans. The temporary financial aid officer will be expected to communicate with support services to resolve issues related to loan processing to ensure timely disbursement of loan funds. The temporary financial aid officer will also be expected to engage in student communication via email and telephone, as needed, depending on availability of full-time office staff.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree or higher with five years of experience in financial aid
* Possess in-depth knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions for Financial Aid as used in M-Pathways
* Possess a working knowledge of federal financial aid regulations, specifically those pertaining to student eligibility, Cost of Attendance, federal and private student loan eligibility, Return to Title IV (R2T4), and Direct Loan reconciliation
* Experience making decisions and applying federal regulations independently, ideally in a supervisory capacity
* Experience leading an office through or participating in a federal audit of office financial aid practices
* Extensive experience writing original or interpreting pre-written queries using PS Query Manager to identify files that need immediate resolution prior to weekly disbursement
* Extensive experience writing original/generating reports using PS Report Manager to isolate atypical financial aid packaging issues for quick resolution
* Experience interpreting and implementing federal regulations in previous financial aid positions
* Extensive familiarity with financial aid packaging rules in M-Pathways, specifically Item Type/Disbursement Plan agreement, procedures for increasing/decreasing student loans, and proper student loan fee attribution
* Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong organizational skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in one-to-one settings
* Ability to work effectively on a team
* Ability to reliably manage multiple responsibilities and manage time effectively
* Experience with counseling applicants who are navigating the admissions and financial aid processes
* Familiarity with elite higher education institutions
* Ability to communicate regulatory limitations effectively to students
* JD, MBA, or M Ed degree preferred
* Previous management/supervisory experience in financial aid
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
* Job Opening ID
* Working Title
STUDENT COORD II - FINANCIAL AID (TEMP)
* Job Title
STUDENT COORDINATOR II (TEMP)
* Work Location
Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
* Full/Part Time
* FLSA Status
* Organizational Group
* Posting Begin/End Date
* Career Interest
Temporary Job Opening