Our Client is looking to hire a Tax Advisor.
They are currently recruiting for a Tax Advisor to join their finance team. This role supports the provision of best practice processes and controls (including continuous process improvement and automation) across a range of tax reporting and statutory tax compliance requirements. This includes ensuring that the companies in their Group comply with all relevant tax laws, paying the right amount of tax at the right time in each country in which the companies operate
A bit about the job:
The role primarily involves UK corporate tax compliance, reporting and advisory work but may also include working with colleagues on other taxes to support the wider team.
- Preparation of company tax calculations and disclosures for internal accounting and external reporting purposes and supporting the tax compliance, reporting and advisory deliverables of their UK Tax team as required
- Completion of statutory company tax computations and tax returns for submission to HMRC including tax review of expenses and CTSA payments as required
- Preparation of tax documentation and supporting information in a variety of formats (e.g. Word/Adobe/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Data analysis and periodic data validation to source systems to ensure completeness and accuracy
Skills and experience they're looking for:
- Accounting or tax qualification (AAT, ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ATT, CIOT) preferred but in-role experience also considered or studying towards relevant qualification
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting is desirable (including consolidated accounts)
- Ability to understand impacts of new accounting and corporate tax developments and Ability to identify, interpret and clearly communicate key tax risk issues to non-specialists - a good communicator and a team player
- Strong capabilities in Excel are essential, as is good experience of creating and editing in Word, PowerPoint and Adobe
- UK corporate tax compliance and reporting experience is ideal but not essential as training and support will be provided
What you'll get for this role:
- Starting salary between £30,000 to £35,000 (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
- Generous pension (starting level they contribute 8% when you contribute 2%)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Family friendly parental and carer's leave
- 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for their products
- Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
- Their Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
- 21 volunteering hours per year
They are for everyone:
They are inclusive and welcome everyone - they want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells them that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you're in a job share just apply as a pair.
They flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit their customers, business, and you.
Most of their people are smart working - spending around 60% of their time in their offices and 40% at home.
They interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send them an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and they'll interview you.