Teller - Northern, NJ
- Job Reference: 269658051-2
- Date Posted: 24 April 2021
- Recruiter: Stewardship Financial Corp
- Location: Midland Park, New Jersey
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Company: Columbia Bank New Jersey
Locations: Bergen, Morris, & Passaic Counties, Northern, NJ
As a Teller you will operate a teller's station providing friendly and efficient service, maintaining sound security and striving for accuracy and efficiency in accepting; deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashing checks, and processing transfers.
* Processes deposits and withdrawals on customers' savings, checking, and commercial accounts, including verification of cash deposits and checking endorsements on checks and signatures on withdrawals as required;
* Negotiates CD's;
* Cashes checks, money orders, travelers checks and bonds for customers and authorized persons;
* Sells money orders, gift cards, official checks and processes disbursements for cash advances;
* Prepares daily proof sheet at close of business each day;
* Assists with maintenance of files for signature cards, as required;
* Operates personal computer;
* Prepares office consolidation sheet, if assigned;
* Accepts payments for mortgages, consumer loans, passbook loans, commercial loans and safe deposit box rentals;
* Answers customer inquiries in person or telephone regarding customer's accounts, forwards complex issues to supervisor or customer service center;
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
* Cash handling experience required;
* High school diploma or higher;
* Retail, sales or customer service experience preferred;
* Natural ability to go the extra mile to greet customers, show them that we care, and make them feel welcome. Ability to ask questions to learn about customer's financial needs and, when the customer sees the value, introducing them to other bank team members;
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Ability to follow procedures and strong attention to detail;
* Basic computer knowledge and Windows skills required;
* Reliable and Punctual Attendance;
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
* Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled;
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
* Independent and highly motivated self-starter;
* Results oriented with proven track record to motivate self and others to accomplish objectives;
* Dedicated, enthusiastic, and driven; possesses a strong work ethic;
* A collaborator and team player, translating knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships;
* Ability to deliver a seamless experience to the customer.
This is a part-time position working a minimum of 15 - 25 hours per work week with a flexible schedule working M-F and alternating Saturdays.
Orientation, Onboarding & Training:
We provide you the training to help you excel in your position. In order to maximize on your experience we have a robust Onboarding & Orientation Process. Universal Banker positions require either part-time or full-time training for 10 business days. Training schedules are based on availability.
Columbia Bank and its affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Employer/Males/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities