This is a 26-hour per week, part-time position.
Performs Teller duties associated with fulfilling member transactions and maintaining controls related to receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, balancing and audits. Provides exceptional member service and meets assigned sales standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides a high level of prompt, efficient and friendly member service throughout the branch.
* Greets members with a smile, makes eye contact, uses their name, acknowledges members waiting in line and thanks them for their business.
* May participate in business and community development activities.
* Assists with guidance and troubleshooting with remote and online services such as online banking access, mobile banking, remote deposit, bill pay, and debit card maintenance.
* Assists and recommends corrective services to address and resolve member issues.
* May assist other branches with coverage needs as necessary and requested by Branch Management, temporarily filling vacant positions due to vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, etc.
* Actively cross-sells financial solutions such as loans, savings, checking accounts, CDs and other deposit products and services.
* Actively refers financial solutions and recommends appropriate products and services such as Auto Buying, Insurance, Mortgage and Wealth Management.
* Submits referrals to appropriate personnel.
* Reviews sales production reports and acts to meet sales standards.
* Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amounts, examines checks for endorsements, forgery or alterations and places appropriate holds.
* Processes transactions such as check cashing, transfers, loan payments, withdrawals, deposits, and sells negotiable items and gift cards.
* Applies identification procedures to protect member information.
* Reviews account history and activity to determine availability of funds and release holds on check deposits, ATM and shared branch transactions.
* Applies knowledge of credit union systems, policies, and procedures. Complies with state and federal regulations including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
* May process transactions for Shared Branch Network guest members.
* May assist with servicing and balancing of TCR, Coin Machine, ATM and/or night depository.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous member service and cash handling experience required.
* Experience in financial services and a fast-paced environment desired.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills desired.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to assess members' needs and determine which financial services can best satisfy those needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must possess member service and sales skills. Must be accurate and detail-oriented.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is occasionally required to sit.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.